Welcome to Playcentre in the Upper South Island
Playcentre is a whanau-led early childhood education service. Playcentres are run by parents for parents. As a co-operative parents get to make the important decisions that matters to their family and children.
The Playcentre philosophy embraces a number of strands based on most current brain and other research
- Children thrive as learners when their parents understand their development and support their learning.
- Young children's brains are designed to learn through play.
- Children benefit when their parents have a strong supportive network.
- Quality early childhood education programmes from birth to school.
- A support network for whānau, parents, grandparents, and other caregivers.
- A variety of learning opportunities for whānau and parents as well as a free NZQA registered programme.
We have 78 centres spread over Mid-Canterbury, Selwyn, Banks Peninsula, Christchurch, Waimakariri, Hurunui, Marlborough, Nelson, Tasman, Golden Bay and Buller Westland.
Come and visit any of our centres. We will offer you three free visits to see if Playcentre is for you and your family.For a more in-depth overview of Playcentre you can watch our informative video here 2016 Annual Report here.