Welcome to the Canterbury Playcentre Association
Playcentre is a whanau-led early childhood education service. Playcentres are run by parents for parents. As a co-operative parents get to make the important decisions that matters to their family and children.
The Playcentre philosophy embraces a number of strands based on most current brain and other research
- Children thrive as learners when their parents understand their development and support their learning.
- Young children's brains are designed to learn through play.
- Children benefit when their parents have a strong supportive network.
- Quality early childhood education programmes from birth to school.
- A support network for whānau, parents, grandparents, and other caregivers.
- A variety of learning opportunities for whānau and parents as well as a free NZQA registered programme.
Visit us at one of our centres located in Hurunui, Waimakariri, Banks Peninsula, Selwyn and Christchurch. We will offer you three free visits to see if Playcentre is for you and your family.For a more in-depth overview of Playcentre you can watch our informative video here 2016 Annual Report here.