Term 1 Week 6
No more sleeps! It's time to tell the world about Playcentre. Let's do four things this week
- Invite absolutely everyone you know to come and get messy at Playcentre. Give them the Playcentre Messy Play Expert Passport and invite them to come and have fun at Playcentre. Every Messy Play Expertee will get an entry into the price draw. No matter how many time they got their hands dirty. Let's have fun.
- Let's get the picture of all this on Instagram and use our hashtag #PlaycentreCPA to share Playcentre fun with the rest of the world.
- Let's turn Facebook and any other social media purple this week by changing our profile pictures. Here is one that I prepared earlier :) All you have to do is download the picture, upload it to social media and choose to use it as your profile picture.
- Let's storybomb Facebook with our Playcentre stories. Share your Playcentre story with the rest of the world - on your page, in a non-Playcentre group, on the Playcentre in Canterbury Facebook page, on your centre page - just share it.
On Wednesday 9 March, rain or shine, we'll play and celbrate Playcentre together in the Christchurch Botanic Gardens at the children's playground! See more information here. See you in the park.
We created two Facebook events to help us spread the message. Please share this event with all your family and friends - especially the ones with 0-6 children.
Some key messages from the Governing Council hui on Wednesday 5.30
- The focus of our 2 March meeting was the issues to be considered at the NZ Playcentre Federation National Executive. Nat Exec papers included further information on the restructure, although no new decisions are to be made. We know the changes mean uncertainty and anxiety for employees and we want to acknowledge again how much we appreciate the hard work and passion they contribute to Playcentre.
- We congratulate Dalene and all the team who helped put together the Nathan Wallis evening. It was fantastic and must surely be CPA’s biggest event ever!
- Governing Council selected Charlotte Oborne as our kaiarahi/convenor for 2016.
The Governing Council Hui is open to all Playcentre whānau. The next hui will be on 18 May.
The online forums are registered for:
- Tuesday 8th March 10.00am
- Wednesday 9th March 1.00pm
- Thursday 10th March 10.00am
- Thursday 10th March 7.30pm
Please email email@example.com if you would like to join us in the forum discussions.
We need great programmes to engage our older children at Playcentre. Emergent Curriculum is a key to creating great programmes. We would like to set up an action research group to We are looking for expressions of interest from people who want to participate in an action research group with a focus on emergent curriculum. This would be open to every one who is interested and is excellent PLD for existing co-ordinators who want to be inspired by peers. The idea is to meet once a term. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Thursday 10th and17th of March we have organised a drop in day for students who need help with assignments. This applies to all students. Just rock up and complete your training! Venue: CPA offices. Time: 10am-1.30am.
The shop would also love to have some pictures of Playcentres using our resources to share on Facebook. We have many non Playcentre customers and followers so it may generate a few extra enrolments. Email us email@example.com
Please note that Easter Tuesday is a school holiday, but not a public holiday. The Ministry of Education state that centres that close for Easter Tuesday will not receive any funding.
Centres that are open will receive funding as normal. Please remember that if centres close they still need to pay their employees.
Vacancies at Prebbleton, Shirley, Oxford and Hororata Playcentres. See more information here.
Fendalton and Redwood Playcentres are participating in 'The Great Jennian Crusade' to win a custom-built Crusaders themed bookcase and may also be selected to receive a visit from one or more Crusaders. Voting is open from 1 March to 1 May 2016. Please support our Playcentres.
Redwood Playcentre is opening their new fort area on Monday 7 March at 4.30pm at 40 Dunedin Street, Redwood. Come and join the celebrations followed by a potluck BBQ dinner (meat provided). All welcome!
Kidsfest 2016 is celebrating 25 years of inspiring, educating and igniting the creative spark in young people. Kidsfest is a great way to raise your centre's community profile, promote your centre and attract new members.
If you would like to participate please email Nicky at firstname.lastname@example.org before Friady 11 March with details about your event.
- Self review: Decide on a focus and gather information
- Ensure civil defense kit is up to date
- Get ready to apply for the Rata foundation grant - email Jenny@canplay.org.nz with any questions.
See the Playcentre 'To Do' list here.
- 6-12 March Playcentre Awareness Week
- 8 Playcentre Awarenss Week Teddy Bear's Picnic
Play is our brain's favourite way of learning.
- Diane Ackerman
Posted: Sunday 6 March 2016