Three categories of grants
- Small grants up to $20,000
- Large grants over $20,000
- Building Projects
Last year all centre received part of the amount they applied for.
- Looking at last years applications – both successful and not – it appears that Rata do not fund for play equipment and resources under $3500. This is likely because there are other charities that will fund these. If you can apply to a Pub charity then go there.
- Wages for co-ordinators, cleaners and adminitrators and rent were successful.
- Learning resources and equipment for $5000, a $5000 shade sail and storage shed with tree removal were also successful.
- They do not fund for basic educational resources.
- You need to complete a simple application form, which focuses on the outcomes of your project or the needs of your organisation.
- What Rata Say they fund. This is their blurb for both small and large grants.
Rata support operating costs and/or project costs.
- Operating costs may be considered to support the operating and administration costs of community organisations. This may include salaries, plus general overheads such as rent, power, phone and administration costs.
- Project cost grants may be available to assist funding to one off community projects, events, assets or programmes.
Posted: Tuesday 14 March 2017